This builds on the outstanding Kantas Akra
skin from rabra
and does not function without it. Go download it first, then come back here once you have it running.
- Open the RMSKIN file in an archive utility like 7Zip and extract the contents of the Skins\Kantas_Akra_GPMDP folder to the NR_Kantas_Akra folder in your rainmeter skins.
- In Rainmeter, open the Settings folder and load Settings.ini
- In the Media Player settings (the bottom box), choose "Google Music GPMDP"
- Choose whether to have the cover shown (by default, this is on)
- Change the user folder to your own Windows user folder (for example: C:\Users\joequincy)
- That step is super important, as this skin will crash horribly if you don't have it set to the correct user folder
- After you have the user folder set, select the "Google Play Music Desktop Player" skin from the Skin settings.
Additionally, this wouldn't be possible without the TestRainmeterGPMDP
LUA script written by maarten1055
. I've adapted his work to fit the specific purposes of this skin, but without that original framework I highly doubt I could have coded up a JSON parser and integrated it into Kantas Akra in any sane amount of time.